RBS exists to make God’s Word accessible to all Roma in the language and format which serves them best.
We long to see every speaker of a Romani or para-Romani dialect in Europe and western Eurasia able to read and hear God’s Word in the dialect which they understand best, in a format (written, audio, visual) which serves them best.
To accomplish this vision, RBS will:
- Provide Bible translation training for Roma mother tongue translators
- Translate and publish the Bible (and Bible-based stories with pictures) into Romani dialects in Eastern and Central Europe which still lack the Scriptures, with initial focus on Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Hungary.
- Host translated Romani Scriptures on RBS website in digital, audio, video formats (where permission is granted).
- Collect sharable prayer requests for Roma Bible translation needs, and share them through social media.
- Develop material for promoting reading and literacy among Roma (“The Decade of the Book: 2014-2024”) including web and print reading materials.
- Write and translate Roma-relevant extra textual helps (Bible study notes, study aids, teaching booklets, Bible background explanations).
- Translate Roma-relevant mother tongue translator Bible translation training materials
- Translate exegetical tools for national languages for use by mother tongue translations.